Ei Unlimited Company Customer Privacy Notice
This document refers to personal data, which is defined as information concerning any living person (a natural person who hereafter will be called the Data Subject) that is not already in the public domain.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) seeks to protect and enhance the rights of data subjects. These rights cover the safeguarding of personal data, protection against the unlawful processing of personal data and the unrestricted movement of personal data within the EU. It should be noted that GDPR does not apply to information already in the public domain. Ei Electronics is a trading name of The Ei Unlimited Company. When we refer to Ei Electronics below we are referring to the Ei Unlimited Company.
2) Personal Data
Ei Electronics uses the information collected from you to provide quotations process orders, provide technical support, make contact and to post or email you marketing information which Ei Electronics believes may be of interest to you and your business. In you making initial contact you consent to Ei Electronics maintaining a dialogue with you until you either opt out (which you can do at any stage) or we decide to desist in promoting our services. Ei Electronics also acts on behalf of its customers in the capacity of data processor. When working exclusively as a data processor, Ei Electronics will be acting on the instruction of its customer client. Ei Electronics will implement appropriate technical and organisational measures so that it meets the requirements for data processing, and ensure the protection of the rights of the data subject.
Any information Ei Electronics holds about you and your business encompasses all the details we hold about you and any sales transactions including any third-party information we have obtained about you from public sources and our own suppliers such as credit referencing agencies.
Ei Electronics will only collect the information needed so that it can serve you with processing orders, providing technical support, and let you know about new products and services we provide, this organisation does not sell or broker your data, although coincidentally there may be times when your information could be contained in data that Ei Electronics has purchased from a third-party list broker, on behalf of a client.
Some of our products have features which require the storage of personal data on cloud platforms. We have ensured that our service providers that host this data have verified that the data is encrypted, and safe from penetration. These providers have assured EI Electronics that they are compliant with the GDPR.
3) Legal basis for processing any personal data
To meet Ei Electronics’ contractual obligations to customers and to also respond to marketing enquiries.
4) Legitimate interests pursued by Ei Electronics and/or its customers
To promote the products offered by Ei Electronics; to support the customers and to market the services and/or products offered by Ei Electronics s existing clients.
Through agreeing to this privacy notice you are consenting to Ei Electronics processing your personal data for the purposes outlined. You can withdraw consent at any time through firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us, see last section for full contact details.
Ei Electronics may on occasions pass your Personal Information to third parties exclusively to process work on its behalf. Ei Electronics requires these parties to agree to process this information based on our instructions and requirements consistent with this Privacy Notice and GDPR.
Ei Electronics do not broker or pass on information gained from your engagement with us without your consent. However, Ei Electronics may disclose your Personal Information to meet legal obligations, regulations or valid governmental request. We may also enforce its Terms and Conditions, including investigating potential violations of its Terms and Conditions to detect, prevent or mitigate fraud or security or technical issues; or to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of Ei Electronics, its clients and/or the wider community.
7) Retention Policy
Ei Electronics will process personal data during the duration of any contract and will continue to store only the personal data needed according to its classification for a period of time defined in the Data Retention Policy and Schedule. After the retention has ended, any personal data not needed will be deleted.
8) Data storage
Ei Electronics does not store customer personal data outside the EEA.
9) Your rights as a data subject
At any point whilst Ei Unlimited Company is in possession of or processing your personal data, all data subjects have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
In the event that Ei Electronics refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why, which you have the right to legally challenge.
Ei Electronics at your request can confirm what information it holds about you and how it is processed
10) You can request the following information:
- The identity and the contact details of the controller and, where applicable, of the controller’s representative.
- Contact details of the privacy officer.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Ei Electronics or a third party such as one of its clients, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (Data Protection Commissioner).
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
11) To access what personal data is held, identification will be required
Ei Electronics will accept the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested: a copy of your national ID card, driving license, passport, birth certificate and a utility bill not older than three months. A minimum of one piece of photographic ID listed above and a supporting document is required. If Ei Unlimited Company is dissatisfied with the quality, further information may be sought before personal data can be released.
All requests should be made by phoning +353-(0)61-471277 or writing to us at the address further below.
In the event that you wish to make a compliant about how your personal data is being processed by Ei Unlimited Company or its partners, you have the right to complain to the Privacy Officer, who will escalate your complaint to the appropriate level of management. If you do not get a response within 30 days you can complain to the Data Protection Commissioner.
The details for each of these contacts are:
R32 AP23 Co. Laois
Telephone: +353 57 8684800 or +353 (0)761 104 800
Lo Call Number: 1890 252 231
Fax +353 57 868 4757