The automation Engineer working as part of the Manufacturing Engineering team, will be involved in generating and delivering new design concepts for a wide variety of production type equipment, ranging from jigs & fixtures, to robotic soldering solutions, vision systems, fluid dispensing systems along with test and automated assembly solutions. This will also include continual improvement of existing equipment to meet manufacturing, quality, performance and safety requirements.
- Design and specification of machines & equipment to meet quality, performance and safety requirements.
- Specify and select the appropriate mechanical, pneumatic and mechatronic systems to satisfy the equipment design requirements.
- Provide technical support to the machine build team throughout the entire project, including design, machine build, debug and commissioning phases.
- Conduct design reviews with all relevant stakeholders
- Create all relevant documentation for new equipment.
- Providing technical leadership on equipment related product and process issues.
- Research, test and validate new technologies for use in future equipment solutions.
- Responsible for ensuring that project timelines and targets are achieved
- Highly experienced in both 2D Autocad & 3D CAD modelling (Solidworks preferred)
- Proven ability to create innovative designs and concept proposals to meet the most challenging requirements
- Track record in designing mechanisms including the integration of leading edge technologies that perform to the highest standard
- Good working knowledge of PLC’s & control systems
- Have good knowledge and understanding of machine safety requirements
- Imaginative and creative approach to technical problem solving
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage time effectively
- Excellent communication skills
- Qualification to level 7 or 8 in Mechanical, Electronic, Industrial Engineering or equivalent.
- Must have 3-5 years experience in a similar role.
To Apply please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org