Employing over 1200 people worldwide, the company is headquartered in Shannon, Ireland, occupying a 33,000 m” campus where all key manufacturing, R&D and commercial functions are located. Overseas sales and marketing subsidiaries are located in the UK, Germany, France and the USA.
The Company’s success is based on a culture of Quality, Service and Product Innovation over 30 years. R&D is the lifeblood of Ei Electronics, with sensor technologies at the core of our product advancement. As a global leader in the industry, Ei Electronics is now at the forefront of emerging Cloud-based “Connected Home” and IOT developments.
Working with one of Irelands leading indigenous electronics companies, provides a wide array of opportunities and possibilities to grow.
Due to its continued success, the Company now has the following exciting career opportunity:
Automation Controls Engineer
The successful candidate will work within a team of Automation Engineers, designing and developing control systems for state-of-the-art automated assembly equipment used within the production processes at Ei.
- Development, install and debug of PLC code for new automated assembly machines.
- Develop and implement PLC code upgrades and manage the roll out to equipment.
- Provide technical support to the machine build team throughout the entire project cycle, including design, machine build, debug and commissioning phases
- Contribute to design reviews with all relevant stakeholders
- Create and maintain all relevant documentation for new and upgraded equipment
- Research, test and validate new technologies for use in future equipment solutions
- Responsible for ensuring that project timelines and targets are achieved
- Good working knowledge of PLC’s and control systems (Omron preferable)
- Have good working knowledge and understanding of machine safety requirements
- Imaginative and creative approach to technical problem solving
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage time effectively
- Ability to work independently and also as part of a team as necessary
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Qualification to Level 7 or 8 in Mechanical, Electronic, Industrial Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 1-3 year’s experience in a similar role