How do I change the battery?
The process is different depending on the type of Alarm you have. In any case, before changing the battery please ensure that the replace by date stated on the label on the side of the Alarm has not been reached. If that is the case, you will need to replace the Alarm itself.
If that is not the case, the next step is to identify whether the battery is replaceable. Any Alarm containing a non replaceable battery will have a statement to that effect clearly marked on a label. These batteries are also not visible when you remove the Alarm head from its mounting plate. If you hear a single regular beep coming from an Alarm with a non replaceable battery that has not reached its end of life, please contact us for support.
If the battery is replaceable, the process for changing the battery varies depending whether the Alarm is mains powered with a replaceable battery back up or battery powered.
A - How to change the replaceable battery back up in a mains powered Alarm
- Switch off mains power to Alarm (the green power light should go out)
- Insert a flat headed screwdriver into the removal slot of the alarm. This is marked with an arrow. Make sure to keep the screwdriver horizontal (i.e. parallel to the ceiling).
- Slide the Alarm off its base and you should be able to see the battery.
- Unclip the battery from the battery snap connectors.
- Connect a new battery by clipping back on the battery snaps. We recommend that the “use by date” on the battery should still have at least 2 years to go.
- Slide the Alarm back on to the base. A click should be heard as the Alarm engages.
- Press and hold the test button – horn should sound loudly.
- Turn the mains power to the Alarm back on (the green power light should come on)
B - How to change the battery in a battery powered Alarm
- Separate the Alarm from its base or/and slide the battery cover. You should be able to see the battery(ies)
- Remove the battery(ies) and replace them with new batteries. We recommend that the “use by date” on the battery should still have at least 2 years to go.
- Replace the battery cover and/or re attach to base.
- Press and hold the test button - horn should sound loudly.
Please consult the manual of your Alarm for the list of recommended batteries to be used with your Alarm.
Should you encounter any difficulties or if you are still experiencing issues after having changed your battery, please contact us for support.